HIMALAYAN BIODIVERSITY NETWORK- NEPAL
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home5/hamrosag/lgmnepal.com.np/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4859
Himalayan Biodiversity Network- Nepal (HBN-Nepal)
(HBN-Nepal) was established with the aim of dedicating to the research and conservation of biological diversity. HBN-Nepal is one of the non-profit and non-governmental organizations that were registered to the Government of Nepal in 2015 (Our registration number is 054-2072-2073). We work closely to collaborate with the government, non-governmental organizations, and local communities for sustainable conservation of biological diversity in Nepal. We conduct research and conservation awareness programs and focus on wildlife and their habitat conservation and management. We support the strengthening of young researchers, relevant stakeholders, and local people. We provide research grants to university students for their dissertation works based on biodiversity conservation in Nepal. With increasing interests in animal sciences and environmental conservation, the functions and activities of the organization have been reoriented to cover different aspects to meet the national demands and international standard to:
- Explore and determine the faunal wealth of Nepal by making field studies.
- Conduct research on wildlife ecology, behavior, and conservation biology.
- Promote the science-based conservation of wildlife.
- Develop and promote local citizen scientists through the necessary training and skill development programs.
- Improve the livelihood of the local community through biodiversity conservation, climate change adaptation, and tourism promotion.